Mark Brantley says he will defeat NRP again in Election Petition 2023
Mark Brantley says he will defeat NRP again in Election Petition 2023

Last Updated on January 7, 2023, 4:59 AM AST by Anthony Morris

The leader of the Concerned Citizens Movement, Mark Brantley, who serves as the Premier of Nevis, has taken to his social media account to call out the opposition party NRP for filing an election petition in the Court to challenge the results of the NIA elections hosted on December 12, 2022. At the same time, he also assured his supporters that the political party is ready to fight to uphold democracy in Nevis

The Premier shared the update on his social media, saying that Dr Patricia Bartlette of the Nevis Reformation Party has decided to extend the election season by filing a Petition in the Court. The Petition seeks to overturn the clear results of the December 12, 2022, election. According to the Premier’s update, the NRP filed the Petition in St John’s.

Premier Mark Brantley believes that filing the Petition is her right, and the great CCM Party and I respect each citizen’s right to approach the Court.

However, he urged the supporters of the Concerned Citizens Movement not to get worried. He reminded the people that the opposition, Nevis Reformation Party lost at the polls on August 5, 2022. The political party lost again at the polls on December 12, 2022. Mark Brantley expressed his confidence that The NRP will now fail in the Courts on this Petition in 2023.

Premier Mark Brantley further noted that the CCM-led government elected by the people on December 12, 2022, in a free and fair election should withstand any scrutiny. The CCM won the popular vote, and the CCM won the majority of seats.

He urged the supporters of his political party not to worry over the workers of iniquity. Here, he reminded them that he had already defeated the NRP in Court when they tried to destroy Vance Amory with a kangaroo Commission of Inquiry. I beat them again in the Court when they put that black fox in the Cox box. He further added that In 2023, I should defeat them in Court again and ask the Court to award costs in my favour.

He concluded his Facebook post with the words: I am your Premier, and I shall remain resolute in defence of our democracy here in Nevis that we in the CCM hold dear.

Reporter at SKN News | anthony@sknnews.com |  + posts

Anthony Morris covers stories related to politics and regional developments. His in-depth reporting about governance and reforms makes him stand out in regional journalism, with a deep analysis of political trends and their impact on Caribbean communities.