Last Updated on December 28, 2019, 2:29 AM AST by Anthony Morris

Team combing the search operation for a sight-seeing helicopter that went missing in Hawaii on Thursday have found six human remains of the people on board; however, there has been no sign of survivors so far.

Officials told media that they had to suspend the search operation due to adverse weather conditions.

The announcement came after 24-hours the chopper went missing on Thursday evening. As per the official statement, the helicopter went lower in a backward area of rugged territory near the edge of a tour flight over the island’s famed Na Pali Coast.

According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) records, this crash was the deadliest sight-seeing chopper accidents in Hawaii in the past five years.

There was a total of seven people on board, including pilot and two children. The people on board were reportedly part of two groups visiting the most famous island of Kauai. Kauai-based tour operator Safari Helicopters owned the chopper.

Authorities said that the identities of the deceased would be kept confidential until their families members are informed.

Mayor Derek Kawakami said that they are heartbroken with this tragedy and we often advise visitors to consider the weather situations.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, relatives and loved ones of all victims during this challenging time.”

Kawakami stated that the search operations will be resumed on Saturday after the fog clears.

Reporter at SKN News | anthony@sknnews.com |  + posts

Anthony Morris covers stories related to politics and regional developments. His in-depth reporting about governance and reforms makes him stand out in regional journalism, with a deep analysis of political trends and their impact on Caribbean communities.